Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ben Kim Exploration 3

The food that means the most to me is sushi, to be clear, the salmon roll.  Every morning as I wake up, I always have a craving for this roll.  It's not very complex, and it is very quick and easy to make it.  The roll consists of seaweed wrap, sushi rice, and salmon.  The utilities to make this dish would be a sushi roller and a precision-cut knife.  To make this roll, the first step would be to lay the wrap down.  Use water to moisten the rice and spread it on top of the wrap just like spreading strawberry jam on some toast.  Add the salmon in the center and roll it with your hands first.  Use the sushi roller to compress the roll and shape it like a cylinder.  Lastly, cut the roll into how many pieces you would like.  


The foods that are special to our family would be sushi, just because my parents own a Korean/Japanese fusion type restaurant and they take pride of their work.  But the most important dish that means a lot to us would be kimchi.  It's mainly spicy cabbage and it's by far the most important dish in Korea. To be more specific, it's best known as a side dish.  In ancient times, people would eat kimchi with their main entree because it enhances the flavor.  Today, Korean people still carry on the tradition.

1 comment:

  1. Sushi is an awesome food choice. I love eating sushi because of the taste and health benefits. I was actually afraid to eat sushi before, but now I love it. Honestly I was debating whether or not to make it my favorite food! Kimchi is too sour for me, but I still enjoy it from time to time!

    ReplyDelete