Thursday, January 16, 2014

Shannon's First Post

My name is Shannon and I graduated from Worthington Kilbourne High School last year. I plan to attend Ohio States main campus next year with a major in social work. I am currently living in an apartment with my best friend Casey(the one in the picture) and we plan on living with each other for the next 4 years. A fun fact about me is that I love cats and I have two of my own named Boots and Leo.


"I believed that, having survived by chance, I was duty-bound to give meaning to my survival, to justify each moment of my life. I knew the story had to be told. Not to transmit an experience is to betray it." I thought this was a very interesting paragraph in the story "Why I Write". I liked it because often times people do not like reading or writing about dark or unpleasant times but he explains why it is important. He says that if he were to not write or share his experience in the Holocaust, then it would be like acting as if it never happened. It is important to share both good, and bad experiences so that people can be informed and learn from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment