Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ben Kim

Ben Kim
1110.01, TR 11:15-12:35P
Lohre
11/16/14

Introduction: Ben Kim

     My name is Ben Kim, to be exact Benjamin Kim.  I was born on March 30,1995 in Los Angeles, California.  Our family lived there for three years until my aunt's family wanted us to move to Anchorage, Alaska. It was a cold transition, coming from a nice temperate place to a cold/freezing location.  It was nice at first, but the only flaw about that place were the people.  Dealing with crazy people and drunken eskimos wandering around the streets throughout my life, our family knew that Alaska was not the best option for us.  We have decided to move to Columbus because it was a decent city to live in.  As I lived here I picked up some interest.  I had learned how to box and with my friend's help, gained an interest in playing basketball.  In high school I played intramural basketball with my friends and I grew a passion for basketball.  Basketball helped me develop physically and it is one of my favorite hobbies.
    The essay that was very interesting to me was Why I Write: Making No Become Yes.  In the passage Elie Wiesel, a Holocaust survivor, did not know his fate when he was held captive at a concentration camp.  He stated, "If, by some miracle, I emerge alive, I will devote my life to testifying on behalf of those whose shadow will fall on mine forever and ever." (Wiesel 17).  I felt that there was a deep message in this sentence and he made a vow by writing this book.  This passage gives a vivid picture of the things that happened during the Holocaust.  The story was brought to life because the author of the passage was witnessing all of this.  The audience had the opportunity to experience what was going on through this man's perspective and it was a interesting read overall.
Self photo
Group photo


No comments:

Post a Comment